Category Archives: Community

The Crucible and the Furnace.

“The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but man is tested by the praise he receives.” – Proverbs 27:21      This verse always strikes me to the core. My natural tendency is to seek affirmation from friends, family, … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Redemption | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | 6 Comments

Loner.

“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12       As my blog’s url clearly shows, I am a peculiar fellow. I’ve been reminded of this by a realization … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Redemption | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | 8 Comments

Opportunities.

“It seems the more people know about science the more deeply religious they become.” – Brian the haircutter.      That quote came from a conversation I had today whilst getting my hair cut. It was pretty neat to get to … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Redemption | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Expectations.

I’ve been pondering lately about how interesting expectations are. I admit, sometimes I get frustrated with the expectations people place on me. I often times feel either over-estimated, or under-estimated. Though, I really cannot blame them, considering I’ve noticed that I … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Redemption | Tagged , , , , , | 6 Comments

Silence.

“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.” – Seneca. Sometimes I tend to get frustrated with myself in that I’m quiet when I should speak … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Redemption | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | 4 Comments

What Are You Going to Do About it?

Recently I wrote something called A Letter to Christian Young Men. I was rather startled by the response it received, and I still am thankful that God seems to have worked through it. However, I’ve noticed something since I wrote it. I’ve found that … Continue reading

Posted in Chivalry, Community, Redemption | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

A Letter to Christian Young Men.

This is something I posted on facebook recently. The response was quite surprising. It’s been on my mind a good deal these days, so I thought I’d go ahead and put it here too.  I hope it challenges, blesses, and ecourages you. … Continue reading

Posted in Chivalry, Community, Redemption | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , | 11 Comments